Thank you for selecting P5® solid wood trim boards and moulding products provided by Shamrock Building Materials and backed by the Vacsol® Azure wood protection system from Lonza. Perfect for your new home, home addition, business or other construction projects. Wood products from sustainably managed forest resources are a cost effective, flexible and environmentally responsible choice for exterior trim boards and mouldings on your building projects. With the built in protection of Vacsol® Azure, your P5® solid wood trim boards and moulding products are protected from insect attack and fungal decay.
Vacsol® Azure wood protection is an EPA registered wood preservative (registration number 175101-01) manufactured by Lonza Wood Protection, a subsidiary of the Lonza Group Ltd. This wood preservative system is provided by Shamrock Building Materials and other leading suppliers of specialty and engineered wood products in North America, Australia, Chile, New Zealand and elsewhere to provide long term protection against rot and insect attack. Shamrock Building Materials and Lonza Wood Protection warrant that Vacsol® Azure treated P5® solid wood trim boards and moulding products used in USA and Canada will be resistant against insect attack and fungal decay (rot) for a period of 30 years from the date of purchase. Any correctly installed and maintained Vacsol® Azure treated P5® solid wood trim boards and mouldings that become structurally or functionally unserviceable due to insect attack or fungal decay within the warranty period will be replaced subject to the terms and conditions detailed in this form.
This 30 Year Transferable Limited Warranty is provided free of charge to purchasers or owners of Vacsol® Azure treated P5®solid wood trim boards and moulding products from Shamrock Building Materials. The terms of the Transferable Limited Warranty will be adhered to providing that the products are correctly installed and maintained in accordance with good building practice and as per the instructions as detailed in this document (see eligibility conditions and exclusions overleaf).
Our products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under relevant consumer law. This Limited Warranty is independent of and does not limit or modify any other legal rights which you as the purchaser or owner may have with Shamrock Building Materials Inc, Lonza Wood Protection, the reseller or the installer of the P5® solid wood trim boards and moulding products. This Limited Warranty is transferrable to subsequent owners of the property where your P5® solid wood trim boards and moulding products are installed providing that this document and your purchase receipts or other proof of purchase are transferred to the new owners.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
To be eligible for this Limited Warranty program, Vacsol® Azure treated P5® solid wood trim boards and moulding must;
- Carry the P5® brand and the treatment stamp (UC3A-896 64) that should appear on every piece. If the boards do not carry these identifiers then they are not covered under this Limited Warranty.
- Be purchased and used in the United States or Canada.
- Be within the Warranty period (30 years from date of purchase).
- Be installed and maintained in compliance with the instruction detailed in this Warranty Form and in line with general good building practice. Specifically this means correct use and installation of solid wood trim boards and mouldings in exterior, above ground applications broadly as per American Wood Preservers Association UC3A use class definition.
This Transferable Limited Warranty is for supply of replacement product for any Vacsol® Azure treated P5®solid wood trim boards and moulding products conforming to the above conditions that become unserviceable due to fungal decay or termite attack within the Warranty period. Replacement product for any failed material will be supplied at the original point of purchase or the closest alternative point if the original supply point is not available.
This Transferable Limited Warranty specifically excludes the following:
- Deterioration of or damage to Vacsol® Azure treated P5®solid wood trim boards and mouldings due or any other cause apart from insect attack or fungal decay (rot).
- Any minor or aesthetic deterioration that does not significantly affect the functional capacity of the products as paint peeling, surface mould or discoloration.
- Deterioration or faults due to inherent physical properties of the wood such as shrinking, swelling, warping, twisting or resin bleed.
- Any Vacsol® Azure treated P5®solid wood trim boards and mouldings used at a higher user category level than as specified (UC3A).
- Any Vacsol® Azure treated P5®solid wood trim boards and mouldings not installed maintained in compliance with the instructions detailed in this Limited Warranty or in contravention to appropriate building standards.
- Any other costs, damages, injury compensation or consequential losses to other property, the purchaser or any third party howsoever caused as a result of using the products (except where such liabilities by law can not be excluded or limited).
Please complete the Warranty Form and retain it in the unlikely event of a future claim. You should also retain copies of your proof of purchase such invoices or receipts for the products supplied.